medical marijuana doctor Canna Care Wellness call for an appointment. Medical card.
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and other Conditions Treated with Medical Marijuana
Medical cannabis treatments have been proven to be highly effective at managing many symptoms that accompany multiple sclerosis (MS). There are anti-inflammatory properties in cannabis that help with the inflammation caused by MS. Pain is a prevalent symptom among people who have MS, and cannabis is an excellent pain-relief treatment. Because cannabis has proven to be antispasmodic, it relieves involuntary muscle contractions and more.
Is it Legal for Me to have Medical Marijuana Treatment?
The legal use of Medical Marijuana for the viable and effective treatment and management of pain has been gaining momentum across the U.S. One of the significant benefits is that it is a quantifiable alternative to opioids.
According to Florida SB 1030, known as the Compassionate Medical Cannabis Act of 2014, medical cannabis can be recommended and ordered for delivery by physicians, by law. The following is stated in the Office of Compassionate Use:
Florida law permits qualified physicians to order low-THC cannabis or medical cannabis for patients diagnosed with certain conditions. There are two types of cannabis products that may be ordered by qualified physicians:
- Low-THC Cannabis: Patients with cancer or a condition that causes chronic seizures or muscle spasms may qualify to receive low-THC cannabis. Low-THC cannabis has very low amounts of the psychoactive ingredient THC and does not usually produce the “high” commonly associated with cannabis.
- Medical Cannabis: If a patient is suffering from a condition determined to be terminal by two physicians, he or she may qualify for medical cannabis. This product can contain significant levels of the psychoactive ingredient THC and may produce the “high” commonly associated with cannabis.
The department recommends speaking to your health care professional to determine if low-THC or medical cannabis products are right for you or your loved one. Canna Care Wellness
Other conditions that can be legally treated with medical marijuana in Florida include the following:
- Crohn’s disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Terminal illnesses
- Epilepsy and chronic seizures
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic severe and persistent muscle spasms
12200 W. Colonial Dr.
Winter Garden, FL 34787
(Located in TD Bank building on 2nd floor)
(407) 993-2420 fax
MONDAY – FRIDAY 10 AM – 7 PM
SATURDAY9 AM – 4 PM